Bobcaygeon is a destination for waterfront second home buyers and those leaving the city behind for good. Our village offers beautiful homes set on the shores of Pigeon Lake and Sturgeon Lake. The Bobcaygeon area boasts water front communities, retreat properties as well as in-town homes, we have the homes and amenities to satisfy budgets large and small. The Kawartha lakes home of over 250 lakes is renowned for its many parks, trails, lakes and rivers. Add Bobcaygeon and the Kawartha Lakes to your short list of destinations to consider when contemplating a vacation property or retiring to the lake.
Incorporated as the Village of Bobcaygeon in 1876, and known as the “Hub of the Kawarthas”: Bobcaygeon has become a tourist and retirement destination for those looking to escape the GTA. Its recorded name bob-ca-je-wan-unk comes either from the Mississauga Ojibwa word baabaagwaajiwanaang “at the very shallow currents”, giishkaabikojiwanaang “at the cliffed cascades” or obaabikojiwanaang “at currented rocky narrows”, or from the French beau bocage “beautiful hedged farmland”. Situated on three lovely islands Bobcaygeon is one of the most popular destinations for tourists and cottagers in the Kawartha Lakes. The very first lock constructed (Lock 32) on the “World Famous” Trent Severn Waterway centers the village and connects boaters with Sturgeon Lake and Pigeon Lake.
Brad Nelson – Real Estate Broker
Coldwell Banker R.M.R. Real Estate, Brokerage 705-738-5001
- Bobcaygeon – Real Estate, Cottages, Homes and Land (bobcaygeonhomesforsale.com)
- Victoria Place Bobcaygeon Real Estate | Bobcaygeon Real EstateBobcaygeon Real Estate (bobcaygeonrealestate.wordpress.com)
- Victoria Place Bobcaygeon Real Estate | Bobcaygeon Real EstateBobcaygeon Real Estate (bobcaygeonhomesforsale.com)
- Port 32 Bobcaygeon Resale Homes – Average Selling Price (bobcaygeonhomesforsale.com)
- What to do When Your Bobcaygeon Home is Unoccupied | Bobcaygeon Real Estate (bobcaygeonhomesforsale.com)